In our last post of our Top 10 series in 2016, we want to show you the most viewed pieces of News, Live Video Shows and Trading Books that received the biggest amount of clicks on our website during the year that it’s about to end.
- GBP/USD: what is going on? Sterling smashed like never before by 5 big figures by Ross J. Burland. The most viewed article of 2016 came at a very unusual time (around 23GMT) when the Sterling suffered what has been coined ‘The Sterling flash crash’.
- Live Stream Hillary Clinton Speech by Jordi Martínez. Following Clinton’s presidential defeat, her live stream video speech gathered plenty of attention from our users as well, coming in 2nd position as the most viewed news of the year.
- YouGov confirms exit poll for Brexit referendum by Iván Delgado. Brexit was without a doubt our ‘star topic’ this year, with most of our Top 10 news being related to the black swan event.
- GBP/USD smashed lower on Sunderland Brexit big win by Ross J. Burland. When the Pound suffered its sharpest fall during Brexit day, which came following the unexpected vote for ‘Brexit’ in Sunderland, our users showed huge interest to read the news.
- USD/JPY targets 4hr 50 sma at 107.45 by Ross J. Burland. A technical piece in USD/JPY made it into the top 10 this year.
- GBP/USD now headed to 1.2500 on Brexit outcome? by Ross J. Burland. The ramifications on GBP/USD from the Brexit outcome continued to attract plenty of traffic.
- Update on latest Brexit poll results: ‘Remain’ camp still overall winner by Iván Delgado. During the ‘Brexit night’, early polls suggested ‘Bremain’ was leading: we all know what happened after that.
- GBP/USD: Bulls unstoppable on Bremain, takes-out 1.4600 by Dhwani Mehta. The reaction on GBP/USD following initial constructive prospects for ‘Bremain’ saw our audience visit this article by thousands.
- FBI sources: Clinton foundation case moving towards “likely an indictment” by Dhwani Mehta. The whole FBI investigation saga into Clinton’s emails was, without a doubt, a topic of massive interest, as our stats show.
- FOMC members: Hawks vs doves into 2017 – Westpac by Sandeep Kanihama. The composition of next year’s FOMC members made it into the top 10, as users remain with a clear focus on the prospects of further hikes by the Fed next year.
- Ichimoku: Strategies, Setups and What to Watch for by Chris Capre. This indicator is not only easy to learn, but highly accurate in giving JPY trading signals. When you learn how to use it correctly, you can build a very high accuracy and profit ratio trading the JPY pairs which can be some of the most volatile.
- Finding High Quality Turning Points by Brandon Wendell. Wendell discusses how to identify entry and exit points on multiple timeframes when trading the Forex markets.
- A Powerful Technique For Capturing Trending Markets by Steven Primo. Have you ever wished to capture those long trending moves in Forex markets? Mr. Primo shows to you how to really know when a valid and strong move is underway with the aid of a very common indicator.
- How To Identify Fresh Supply and Demand Levels in The Forex Market by Sam Seiden. The speaker goes through the process of identifying the most likely turning points and market moves in Forex markets.
- Supply and Demand Strategy Application by Sam Seiden. Sam applies the supply/demand strategy information.
- Panel: US Election + Forex market with Martin Armstrong & Adam Button by Ross J. Burland. FXStreet presents the US Election panel discussion in alliance with ForexLive and Armstrong Economics.
- Using the Fibonacci Fans to determine the nature of a pullback by FXStreet. Fibonacci ratios are a very popular tool among technical traders. They are based on a particular series of numbers identified by the mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci during the thirteenth century.
- How to Increase Your Win Rate With One Weird Trick by Walter Peters by Walter Peters. Most traders are not aware of the fact that by slightly adjusting your trading strategy it is possible to avoid many losing trades.
- Supply/Demand Basics by Sam Seiden. Sam covers core market timing strategy rules that offer you low risk, high reward and high probability trading opportunities.
- Martin Armstrong @armstrongeconomics: Political and Geo Chaos by Dale J Pinkert. In an interview with Dale Pinkert, Martin Armstrong reaffirmed his point of view about political instability affecting nation state’s status quo.
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds by Michael Lewis. It’s a story that only Michael Lewis can write. With his characteristic accessibility and knack for turning the complex into palatable pieces, Lewis presents the foundations of the science by crafting a story about its two visionary scholars: Daniel Kahneman and the late Amos Tversky.
2. A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market by Edward O. Thorp. Thorp is not a fan of the Efficient Market Hypothesis and devotes quite a bit of space to disproving it, both in theory and (thanks to his successes) in practice.
3. Quantitative Momentum: A Practitioner’s Guide to Building a Momentum-Based Stock Selection System (Wiley Finance) by Wesley R. Gray and Jack R. Vogel. Quantitative Momentum will educate investors about momentum and highlight that the phenomenon has deep roots in behavioral psychology by sophisticated hedge funds on Wall Street.
4. Stock Trader’s Almanac 2017 (Almanac Investor Series) by Jeffrey A. Hirsch. Trusted by Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and other respected market authorities, this indispensable guide has helped generations of investors to make smart market moves.
5. The Ultimate Algorithmic Trading System Toolbox + Website: Using Today’s Technology To Help You Become A Better Trader by George Pruitt. Algorithmic system trading isn’t really all that new, but the technology that lets you program, evaluate, and implement trading ideas is swiftly evolving. This book helps you to take advantage of these new capabilities to develop the trading solution that you have been looking for.
6. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies: A Comprehensive Introduction by Arvind Narayanan. How do Bitcoin and its blockchain actually work? How secure are bitcoins? How anonymous are their users? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? These are some of the many questions that this book answers.
7. Pogue’s Basics: Money: Essential Tips and Shortcuts (That No One Bothers to Tell You) About Beating the System by David Pogue. David Pogue proves that information is money. Each of his 150 simple tips and tricks includes a ballpark estimate of the money you could make or save.
8. The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017-2019 Can Make You Rich by Harry S. Dent Jr. Harry Dent’s demographic and cycles research helps to create a quantifiable platform and level of confidence from which any investor can plan their financial future years in advance. This latest work ramps that up. A must read!
9. Options Trading: A Step By Step Guide To Options Trading – Start Making Money Immediately by Matthew Maybury. This is your book if you’re beginning in Forex options trading.
10. The Fix: How Bankers Lied, Cheated and Colluded to Rig the World’s Most Important Number (Bloomberg) by Liam Vaughan and Gavin Finch. This book will be a definitive account of the Libor scandal, in which the world’s biggest banks colluded to rig the price of money for their own benefit and, in doing so, altered trillions of dollars of contracts from mortgages and derivatives to the interest paid on the U.S. government’s TARP loans.