Our Trader of the Year Demo Contest 2013 is over. The winners are:
1st Prize: gweeqat
5,000 USD Live trading account* with AFB FX as well as educational services, signals and software provided by our Media Partners
2nd Prize: Riskit34
2,000 USD Live trading account* with AFB FX as well as educational services, signals and software provided by our Media Partners
3rd Prize: trader_gjss
Workshop, trading lessons and trading software
Congratulations to all participants… and in particular to the 3 winners!
We would like to thank again the sponsor of this event, AFB FX, and our Media Partners – Currensys, Pro Trader Strategies, fxKnight, BKForex and Strategy Quant – for their support! And a warm thank you to Mt4i, the platform on which the contestants trade during the competition.
How did it go?
Here are a few numbers about the competition:
* 1027 active participants
* 167 profitable, 860 loss-making. Average closing equity of $2706 (i.e. loss of 46%)
* Most participants by country: Indonesia (162), India (85), Jordan (76), Bangladesh (47), Nigeria (46)
* 6 countries where the participants were profitable on average: France (6 participants), Guatemala (1 participant), Kuwait (1 participant), Kazakhstan (1 participant), Jordan (76 participants), Bangladesh (47 participants)
* Only 4 of the top 20 halfway through the competition were still in the top 20 at the end. Of the other 16, 3 remained profitable and 13 went bankrupt.
* The winner (gweeqat) was the only person who was in the top 20 at the end of each week of the competition.