First time you attend a webinar at FXStreet? Here is our guide.
- How to register
- Why to register
- How to join
- Attend a webinar on tablet or smartphone
- Change Timezone
- Follow your favorite speakers
- Change your name in Webex
- Add your name in Live Video Chat
- Webinars archives
– How to register for a Webinar
1. If you don’t have a FXStreet Account: SIGN UP (this is free and fast) – If you already have one, go to step 2.
– Go to the Sign Up page
– Fill the form (take note of your username and password for your next visit)
– You will receive an email to activate your account. Check your mailbox and click on the link we provide. You now have an account at FXStreet.
2. LOG IN
– Go to the Log In page
Note: If you forgot your username and/or password, click on “Forgot your password”. You will receive them by email.
3. REGISTER FOR A WEBINAR
– Go to the Webinars homepage or the Schedule
– Click on the link of the webinar you’d like to attend.
– Click on “Register for this Webinar”
– A confirmation page will then open with that message: “Thanks! You are now registered for this Webinar”
– You will receive a confirmation of your registration in your email box.
– Why to register for a webinar
Register for a webinar is not compulsory. You can attend a webinar once it has been activated on our page, even if you didn’t register for it before.
The register implies an email reminder you will receive 15 minutes before the webinar starts.
If for any reason you don’t receive this email reminder, you still can attend the webinar. Just enter the Webinars homepage from 15 minutes before the start and click on the webinars’s title then on “Join the Webinar”.
– How to join a webinar
Note: you canonlyenter a session while it is in progress meaning you see a green dot besides the webinar’s title (a webinar room is open 15 minutes before its start).
a. FROM YOUR EMAIL
15 minutes before the webinar starts and if you registered for the webinar before (see above), you will receive an email reminder. Just follow the link!
If for any reason you don’t receive this email reminder, you still can attend the webinar:
b. FROM FXSTREET WEBSITE
1. Log In (or create an account if you still don’t have one: Sign up)
2. Go to the Webinars homepage
3. Click on the webinar in progress
5. Click on “Join”.
6. If it’s a Webex webinar: the Webex software will open automatically / If it’s a Youtube Live show, once on the show page, scroll down a bit and you will see the Youtube player!
– Join from a tablet or smartphone
Youtube Live Shows
You can watch all our Youtube shows from any tablet or smartphone
Webex is available from Android tablet and smartphone. Download the Cisco WebEx Meetings App on the Google Play Store before joining a webinar from your mobile device. This is a free app.
When prompted by Webex, you’ll have to type the password: 1234pw
Webex should be available soon from iOS system (iPhone/iPad).
– Change Timezone
You can see all our webinars in your local time!
– Follow your Favorite Speakers’ webinars
You can follow your favorite speakers!
If you want to receive an email reminder a few minutes before all the webinars of a particular speaker, just click on “Follow” on his/her author’s page:
1. On the speaker’s page, you will see a green button that says “Follow me”.
2. Click once to Follow that speaker. You can click again to “Unfollow”- You must be logged into be able to use this option
3. You can manage the speakers you follow in your Account settings, under the “Following” tab:
– Change your name in Webex
The name that appears on Webex is taken from your FXStreet account.
If you want to change it you have to go to your Account settings, and under the “Personal” tab, change your REAL NAME as it’s the name that will appear once you are logged in a webinar on Webex.
– Add your name in the Live Video chat
1. Click on the link below the chat room (Can not see or type in the chat? Please go here)
2. Type your name and enter, or click on the Twitter button and log in with your Twitter account. (Make sure you have your Twitter account is activated)
3. That’s all, you are logged in the chat with your name or your Twitter account.
It is better to log in with your Twitter account as the system will incorporate your picture automatically, so people will identify you better.
– Webinars Archives
Did you miss a session? Do you want to watch again a webinar you liked? Go to the Archives section.
We record some of the webinars held at FXStreet (around 10 per week). You can watch these videos online for free!
Our videos are flv files. You only need the Adobe Flash Player installed on your browser to be able to play them. If you don’t have it, download it here.
Please feel free to contact us and send any suggestions, questions or doubts you may have.